Sunday, February 3, 2013

Persuasion Skills #amwriting

Hello Lovelies, 

It's been a while since I dropped you all a note on my works in progress, so I just wanted to give you all a quick update. Here goes...

1.) I'm finishing up the final touches to Persuasion Skills (formally titled High Stakes). This book is next in the Boardroom Acts series that began with Negotiating Skills. Persuasion Skills is a stand alone contemporary erotic/sensual romance using one of my favorite tropes, friends-to-lovers. For those of you who enjoyed the tension and banter between Veronica and Victor in Negotiating Skills, you're sure to love the romance between Pepper and Jaxon. She's a savvy and successful business woman and he's a mischief making computer engineer. Trap these two together in a romantic cabin and smexy hilarity smoking hot encounters ensues. 

I'm still debating on whether I'm going to self pub this book as well, or submit it to a publisher. I keep teetering back and forth on it but, you'll know one way or the other :).

2.) Frosted Bites is a trio of paranormal contemporary short stories that will definitely be released April 15th via Amazon, BnB and All romance. These short stories just kind of happened out of the blue. I was sitting in yet another round of Miami traffic one day when the idea came to me. Each story focuses on one of three siblings in the Graves family. I had a lot of fun with these characters and I hope you will too!

UPDATE: Did I say definitely? I meant definitely, maybe, if my muse got her sh%! together...

3.) WIP#3:Title Unknown-I still haven't settled on the title for my third work in progress. However, this one for sure will be an industry submission. It is another paranormal contemporary that I plan on making a series. The heroine is a little quirky and was a little inspired by Samantha from Bewitched, Martha Stewart and Tank Girl. Yes you read that right :) I don't really have a timeline for this one yet, but I'm definitely hoping to have it ready for submission by August of this year. I know that seems like a long way out, but the storyline requires a lot of research and fact checking so yeah...

So for now that's it! I do have several other WIPs that are still in the outline stages and I'll let you know more once I decide to add them to my queue. 2013 is going to be a busy year!

Talk to you soon,
Laurel 





No comments:

Post a Comment