Friday, February 1, 2013

Casual Smex Friday with Lily Harlem!

Hello All,


Welcome back to Casal Smex Friday! It's been a long week smex kittens and I don't know about you but TGISmex :) For those of you unfamiliar with the Casual Smex Friday posts, here's a quick breakdown. On Casual Smex Friday you’re encouraged to sit back, relax and get smexy. Remember that Smex day posts consist of the following four segments:


1.) The Quickie- For those of you who only have time for some quick relief.

2.) The Afternoon Delight- For the reader who wants a little foreplay before smexing.

3.) The Midnight Grind-For those of you who want to go beyond foreplay and get to main show.

4.) The After Glow Strut- For those of you not afraid to show your love and go for another round.


Today I’m bringing you an interview with the deliciously naughty Lily Harlem. So close the drapes, assume the position (reading position of course) and let’s get the smexing started!


The Quickie…


Name: Lily Harlem

Stats: Lily Harlem is an award-winning author of contemporary erotic romance and erotica and lives in the UK with Mr Harlem and a host of rescued pets. She loves to spend her days dreaming up naughty stories and penning them whilst looking out her attic window at rolling green hills. When you read her books be warned though, the bedroom door is always left wide open and every tiny detail laid bare!


Her latest release, Dangerous to Know, is a short erotic story out at Ellora’s Cave. Dangerous to Know is dark and dirty and follows New Yorker Karen as she explores a dangerous whore fantasy with a man she really should have stayed well away from.

Latest Release: Dangerous to Know

Genre: Erotica/Contemporary Erotic Short

Dangerous to Know: For too many years I’ve hidden a sinful, erotic craving in the darkest corner of my soul. Within this deeply buried sliver, shameful fantasies rule and images—seedy, degrading, filthy images—burn through the dark of the night and hold my dreams hostage.


Luckily, the center of my whore obsession is keen to play my slutty game. I know nothing about him, other than his taste, touch and smell, but that’s how I want it, because the one thing I’m certain of is this man is dangerous to know. But despite the risks, in the very heart of New York, in open view, I’ll tempt him with my wares, show him my skills and prove I’m up for the job.

Availability: Ellora's Cave

Smex Quotient: This one should definitely come with a burn notice! Put the vicar on speed dial cause you're going to be in desperate need of confession. Smudged lipstick and torn pantyhose nevr sounded soooo good! Bless me Father for I have sinned and can't wait to do it again...


The Afternoon Delight…

You have a knack for taking naughty fantasies and bring them to life on a page, what was your inspiration for Dangerous to Know? What's driving your heroine's, Karen, fantasy?

Thanks, I'm thrilled that you think I have the knack for bringing naughty fantasies to life on the page, I certainly try to. When I wrote Dangerous to Know last year I was going through a dark, edgy phase in my writing. I'd just penned Anything for Him with my co-author Natalie Dae and that had turned into a very gritty tale of obsession and desire, also slutty fantasies of being used as an object had been a theme throughout the book. (It was eventually published by Harper Collins). I guess when I decided to write Karen's story I was still in that edgy mood. A picture inspired me of a woman giving a man a blowjob in a dirty backstreet alley. I got to wondering what their story was and decided that she was being paid to service him, not because she needed the money, but because she wanted to experience using sex as a transaction, a business deal. Satisfy a client and be paid for doing so. You see Karen is a sweet, wholesome, hard working woman, she's independent, has a responsible job and to all intents and purposes a perfect all-American girl. BUT, she also can't get this idea of her body being a commodity out of her mind, it steals her dreams, invades her thoughts, and so, she believes, the only way forward is to find a man who will be stand in as her client and allow these fantasies to become reality... trouble is, dreams like this, and men like Jovica, are dangerous to know!


This book is so not your classic romance, What would you label it as and what was it like to write outside of your normal comfort zone?

No, Dangerous to Know is not a romantic book by any stretch of the imagination, in fact Ellora's Cave, the publisher, have put it in the Exotika line, which means it's all about the sex and the journey/experience of that sex. No wedding bells, red roses or cuddling up on the sofa for my couple! It's erotica, plain and simple. What was it like writing out of my comfort zone? Mmm, it was new but because of Anything for Him, not the first time I'd tried it. I enjoyed it though, very much, I adore my romantic erotica - which is the sub-genre the majority of my novels fall into - but it was a refreshing change to be all about the filth, especially in a short, snappy story that goes straight for the main event, no messing around!! I'm eagerly waiting to see what erotica readers make of this book.


What part of this story was your favorite scene to write?

The end actually, but of course I can't tell you that here, it would be a complete spoiler, but I like to think it shows just how risky her behaviour is, and how both bad and good her 'client' is. I've also given the story a '...ever after' so readers can imagine what the future holds.


If this couple participated in Casual Smex Friday, what segment do you think they's like the most? The Quickie, Afternoon Delight or Midnight Grind?

Definitely the Midnight Grind! That's the deal!


Do you have any project's you'd like to tell the readers about?

Oh, can I? I have a really, really busy and exciting few days ahead, because not only is Dangerous to Know out on the 1st of Feb, Tarzan of the Apes by Edgar Rice Burroughs and myself is out on the 4th! 'What?' I hear you ask, 'Are you talking about Lily?' Well, some of you may have caught publisher Total-E-Bound on the International News last year when they launched Clandestine Classics they caused quite a stir by asking some of their authors to add steamy, saucy scenes to old Classics such as Pride and Prejudice, A Christmas Carol, Wuthering Heights (to name a few). I was one of these authors and was lucky enough to get my hands on Tarzan of the Apes (all of these books had to be out of copyright) and spent a few months in the jungle with Tarzan and Jane penning in all the scenes readers previously had to imagine, and I can tell you now, Jane is one seriously lucky lady, Tarzan is hot, hot, hot!! You can find out much more about Tarzan of the Apes, listen to his famous yell, enjoy pictures and find buy links, on my Tarzan website page


The Midnight Grind…

The line between naughty and dark is oh so tempting to cross sometimes. How far will you go for a smexy thrill? Ms. Harlem takes us there with a steamy, pulse raising excerpt for your reading pleasure...


Oh, the way he said the word whore was delicious; his wide mouth seemed to pull out the “r” at the end as if savoring it, playing with it.

“Do you want me to be?” I asked brazenly.

He shrugged. “Keeps it simple, I suppose.”

I twitched the side of my mouth into a half-smile even though I wanted to beam. It seemed I’d just found a man to fulfill my forbidden desires and make all my bad dreams come true. “Then yes, I’ll be your whore.”

“Just mine?” He pulled on his cigarette, but this time when he blew out, the smoke shot from his mouth in a thin stream.

“Yes.”

I rubbed my hand over my chest, tweaking my hard nipple. His gaze followed my movement then slid over my right shoulder. I heard footsteps.

Someone was coming.

He glanced back at me, as if daring me to stay in my exposed position. Always one to rise to a challenge, I kept my legs spread. Willed my knees to stay apart and my pussy bared. I was desperate to clamp my thighs together—as a rule, I was not an exhibitionist and had no desire to flash my cunt to any old Tom, Dick or Harry. But I could and would do this—it was a means to an end.

In my peripheral vision a woman appeared. She wore a cerise cardigan and walked a ginger boxer dog. She didn’t pause as she stepped past us, nor did she look back and notice my bare pussy. Well, why would she? It was broad daylight, this was a park, why would my intimate female flesh be on public display?

He raised his eyebrows and I had a sudden rush of accomplishment. I’d surprised him—clearly he’d thought I’d tuck myself from view. Good, I liked to be a surprise. Being predictable was not in my nature, well, not in my whore-self’s nature anyway.

He placed his newspaper on the bench between us and took a last drag of his cigarette before stubbing it under his black boot. “I’m not really one for fucking whore’s pussies, even pretty ones, but…”

“But.”

“I’ll pay you to suck my cock.”

Inside I welled with triumph. The idea of sex as an arrangement, a transaction, was what thrilled me the most. No emotions, no strings. A customer, money and a murky act. That was what appealed to me. Forget candlelit seduction and emotional intimacy, I wanted sleaze, I wanted filth, I wanted to be used as a sexual object by a rough bloke who took what he wanted on a very basic level.

“Okay. Where?” I asked.

He glanced left and right, his gaze searching, then nodded straight ahead. “Down there.”

I looked in the direction he’d indicated. Through the trees and railings, I could just make out a gap in the buildings. “It’ll cost you twenty.”

He shrugged. “Whatever.”

Finally closing my legs, I stood. My knees felt weak and my stomach clenched. This was something I’d been dreaming of, plotting for so long. Never had I thought I’d find the courage to actually go through with my foolhardy plan. The man was a stranger. He could be a complete psychopath and murder me the minute we were out of view. Stuff like that happened to whores all the time. I’d seen it on the news, read about it in papers.

It was a risk I was willing to take.

Stepping ahead, I turned to make sure he was following. He was. Sauntering in that menacingly purposeful stride of his that I’d become totally fascinated by. I also realized now that I was on ground level how tall he was, a whole head above me, and wide too. If he did set his mind to subjecting me to a gruesome back-alley death there was nothing I would be able to do about it. He could squash me as if I were an ant, choke me without breaking sweat.

Tugging at my cheap, tarty skirt, I headed for the location of my first whore experience. As we reached the entrance, he pressed a hand into the small of my back and urged me into the murky world of New York’s dark, dingy alleys.


DANGEROUS TO KNOW, Available Now Via Ellora's Cave


The Afterglow Strut…

You know you want more, don't be too shy to ask. If you enjoyed your Friday tryst with Lily, you can find her causing naughty mayhem arund the web. Check out her website for more info on all of her books and upcoming releases.

Source: David Woolfall

Website: http://www.lilyharlem.com/

Blog: http://www.lilyharlem.blogspot.com/

Twitter: @lily_harlem

Facebook/FB Author Page | Pinterest | Goodreads


2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for inviting me to be a guest on Casual Smex Friday, Laurel. :-)

    Lily x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing such a hot read with us :) You're welcome back anytime!

    ReplyDelete