Monday, January 28, 2013

Foreplay Monday with Janet Eckford!


Hello Lovelies,


Welcome to back to another Foreplay Monday! These posts are dedicated to highlighting upcoming book releases and book events for authors. It's also a great way to prepare you for the Casual Smex Friday posts ;). So please join me in welcoming smexy author Janet Eckford. She's stopped by today to give us a sneak peek into her upcoming book, The Hunger and what she has to share has me positively famished! But no worries lovelies, Ms. Eckford is known for delivering a scrumptious read...


Please welcome Janet Eckford! Janet please tell us a bit about yourself......


Like most great superheroes (or super-villains, depending on who’s telling the story) I live a double life. By day I'm a mild-mannered crusader for justice (or nefarious deeds, depending on who’s telling the story) and by night an indestructible creator of prose (or pathological liar, depending on who’s telling the story) while munching on my favorite cookies—oatmeal raisin. A native West Coaster who hails from the sunny state of California I have loved the romance genre ever since I convinced my dad it was required reading when I was eleven. I believe love shouldn’t have a color code and strive to create stories that represent that belief.


You can learn more about Janet and her upcoming book releases via her website & blog at janeteckford.blogspot.com/. Or you can track this smexy author down at some of her various other internet haunts via Twitter (@JanetEckford) Facebook, Goodreads and Pinterest.




The Hunger...


Genre: Dark Paranormal Erotica Short

Legnth: Short Story

Blurb: Hungry. Mia's so hungry. Every moment that passes is a silent but deadly battle to leash her darker side, to resist the urge to return to her old life where all that mattered was the hunt; where she reveled in being the very definition of a predator. She's managed to succeed in locking her primal needs away. That is, until Galen finds her again. Now not only is her need to hunt being tested but so is her need to be caught...by him...

Release Date: January 31st 2013

Publisher: Shara Azod LLC

Availability & Format: eBook only via Amazon, BnB and Shara Azod LLC




Ms. Eckford was nice enough to share a few luscious tidbits with us from her book. Come on sweet hearts you know you're starving...


Tell us a little bit about The Hunger. What was your inspiration?

Janet: Shara Azod sent out a demand...um I mean request that a few of us authors write a short story that doesn't have a happy ever after but the heroine must orgasm. I'm more partial to writing short stories but I particular like writing for Shara because I get to let the naughty side of my writing side go buck wild;) When I sat down thinking about how I was going to write a sexy short that didn't require a happy ever after I decided I wanted to do something dark. After completing my book of 31 creeptastic shorts in October I think I've still carried over the fantastical storytelling aspect of that type of writing. Strangely enough not having to worry about the happy ending let me focus more on the temptation of desiring someone that isn't good for you but you do it because you know how good they can be for your body. There is a paranormal theme to this story that really helped me stretch out the characters darker desires and blend them in with their carnal ones.


Can you give us a little taste of how your hero or heroine would go about foreplay?

Janet: The hero and heroine of this short have a back story that is hinted at but the reader is seeing them at a point in the relationship where there is a breakdown. In their past I think their foreplay would involve blood and gore, a hunt of some kind where they chase down their prey and share the spoils of their endeavor. It would be in that quiet moment as they dine on the remains of their meal one will look at the other, they will feel the adrenaline of a hunt well done rushing through their veins and they will both smile, knowing that the energy they've acquired from their latest meal will be exerted in pleasurable ways.


If your heroine could describe the one thing they find the sexiest about their hero what would it be?

Janet: I think my heroine would find the hero's smile to be sexy. It's a smile that can be both menacing and inviting. The ultimate signature of the "bad boy". I think the hero would find the heroine's tenacity sexy because he loves a good chase.


What was your favorite scene or situation to write?

Janet: My favorite scenes to write were what I called the temptation scenes where the hero tries to convince the heroine to return back to the way of life she's given up. They were fun because I like to see a character struggle against what she really wants, particularly because the heroine really wants the hero but also really wants not to.




Um...Please sir may I have some more? I know you're all drooling as badly as I am. Since she's a generous author Janet was nice enough to provide us with some dessert, so here's a hot exceprt for your smexy reading pleasure...


“You’re getting sloppy.”

The cultured tones and deep timbre of a male voice startled Mia. She should have known the Family wouldn’t have stopped with the attraction outside her door but would also send backup just in case she was stubborn enough to pass on what they were offering.

“This is my sanctuary. I guess I assumed wrongly you all would respect that.”

She turned slowly and watched as he unfolded himself from the dark shadows that danced at the very edges of the room. It was as if they were one and the same, and as he stepped fully into the low light she’d turned on when she’d left for work earlier in the day, Mia resisted the urge to sigh out her appreciation.

It was hard, because one could not look at the sheer perfection that was Galen and not utter a sigh of contentment. He was darkly handsome with olive skin, burnished golden from his time in the sun, a tall, leanly muscled body that spoke of agility as well as strength, and a rakish mop of wavy raven hair that seemed to balance perpetually between groomed and wild. It was his eyes, though, that always held her captive, and as she gazed into them she resisted their magnetic pull.

He was the bad boy incarnate that had you whispering a reluctant no even as you dreamed of him slipping those strong fingers under the edges of your panties. Galen was heartache and restless nights, but also moments of such exquisite pleasure that when he was deeply embedded inside you his bad boy ways didn’t matter. He was the ultimate predator, and it would take all the strength Mia had to resist him, because though she could deny her dark other half the pleasure of blood and flesh, they both longed for the pleasure Galen could create with one well-placed kiss.

“You have had your fun--it’s time to come back home,” he stated flatly, interrupting her wandering thoughts.

“My departure was approved by the elders. Your trespassing is in violation of that agreement,” she replied firmly.

“Would you punish me, sweet Mia, for breaking the rules?”


The Hunger, Coming January 31st 2013


Hmmmm. I don't know about you but I've been bad, oh so bad. But I'm a big girl and have no problem taking my punishment like a woman! I'm more than ready for this book release. If you want to learn more about Janet and The Hunger head on over to her website and check out some more excerpts from her other books and short stories. They should help tide you over until January 31st. Try not to let the hunger consume you till then...




1 comment:

  1. Good thing the weather's freezing or I'd need a cold shower!

    ReplyDelete