Monday, January 21, 2013

Foreplay Monday with Lily Harlem!

Hello Lovelies,


Welcome to back to another Foreplay Monday! These posts are dedicated to highlighting upcoming book releases and book events for authors. It's also a great way to prepare you for the Casual Smex Friday posts ;). So please join me in welcoming author Lily Harlem. She's stopped by today to give us a sneak peek into her upcoming book, Confessions of a Naughty Night Nurse, hmmm sounds promisingly smexy. Stay tuned throughout the week as she shares more tidbits with us about her new book. So without further preamble...


Please welcome Lily Harlem...

Source: David Woolfall

Lily Harlem is an award-winning author of contemporary erotic romance and lives in the UK with Mr Harlem and a host of rescued pets. She loves to spend her days dreaming up naughty stories that have a happy ever afters. When you read her books be warned though, the bedroom door is always left wide open!


You can learn more about Lily and her upcoming book releases via her website at www.lilyharlem.com, and blog lilyharlem.blogspot.com. You can also like, love and follow her via Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads and Pinterest.




Confessions of a Naughty Night Nurse...

Genre: Contemporary Erotic Romance

Legnth: 56,000 words/224 pages

Blurb: When scalpels are set down, the ward lights turned off and the patients asleep, there is always time for Mischief…

I guess you could call me a jack-of-all-trades nurse. I find work satisfaction in whichever department the hospital needs me most, as long as it’s through the darkest hours. Needless to say I’ve seen it all over the years, been there and done that, what’s left to shock me isn’t worth knowing. But it’s so often the quieter nighttime where the real high jinx abound.

Yes, the nocturnal life is the one for me. With a weakness for sexy guys wearing white coats and dangling stethoscopes, my fantasies are often realised and I’m adept at finding relief from the hospital grind in shadowy corners and cozy linen cupboards.

Of course my dedication to patient comfort is paramount. What kind of nurse would I be if it wasn’t? But when one act of extreme, albeit highly inappropriate, kindness forced me to become the hospital director’s snitch, the length I went to in order to keep my job satisfied my desires and found me the love that had always evaded me. A love that made me push even my not-so-professional boundaries to the extreme.

Release Date: January 24th 2013

Publisher: Mischief at Harper Collins

Availability & Format: eBook only ( Amazon US, Amazon UK, EPUB )




Lily is back with some interesting tidbits about her book. Read on, but beware this is only for the grown and smexy!


Tell us a little bit about Confessions of a Naughty Night Nurse. What was your inspiration?

Lily: Confessions of a Naughty Night nurse was a really interesting story for me to write as I worked as a nurse in a busy London trauma unit for several years before I moved to the countryside and started penning erotic romance. When I was asked to contribute to this series I jumped at the chance to relive my nursing days and use characters, scenarios and locations that I remembered being fuelled with tension and gossip. Hospitals really are the perfect settings for so many plot lines and relationship dilemmas.


Can you give us a little taste of how your hero or heroine would go about foreplay?

Lily: Foreplay is definitely all about the banter and flirting, sexy innuendos and suggestiveness rules as does middle of the night paging and texting. This little snippet is between my heroine, Sharon and one of the senior doctors. He’s just stopped beating around the bush and told her that he thinks she’s perfect for him…


‘That’s very sweet of you to say so.’ Javier was a grade-one flirt that was for certain. But it was OK, because I’d given myself a personal mission to shag him a.s.a.p. and it seemed he had the same thing on his mind.

‘I am a sweet guy.’ He grinned teasingly. ‘So perhaps if you are looking for a foreign object to insert you will think of me.’

Shocking! I twitched my eyebrows. ‘Maybe I will. Italy is part of the EU but still foreign to a Yorkshire lass.’

He leaned a little closer. ‘Let’s get to it soon. You have made me wait so long I ache, right here in the depth of my heart.’

‘In your groin more like.’


If your heroine could describe the one thing they find the sexiest about their hero what would it be?

Lily: The hero is another doctor, Carl and Sharon describes him as ‘a hottie in a nerdy-but-flirty kind of way’, with his black-rimmed glasses and unruly dark hair. He’s tall and lean, not all pumped up, but when it comes down to it she finds that he’s a dark horse with several surprises of his own, and when the stable door is left open there’s no stopping him!


What was your favorite scene or situation to write?

Lily: I enjoyed it when the patients spoke to Sharon. She’s a great listener and they get to tell their stories in their voices as the story goes on. The fireman is my favourite and certainly an important part of the plot as it’s because he has poor burnt hands, and a rather frustrating problem, that Sharon gets into so much trouble!




Come on lovelies, don't be shy. I bet your pulses are racing and I know you're just as eager as I am to learn some more about this naughty nurse and her deliciously smexy exploits. Don't you worry, Ms. Harmen was nice enough to leave us with an excerpt...


‘Oh my God,’ I whispered when the door shut, enveloping us in darkness. ‘How the bloody Nora did you know they were in there, doing that?’

There was a small click and a bare bulb overhead gave out a pale light. We were surrounded by brown cardboard boxes full of bags of intravenous fluid.

Carl released the light pull and it bounced towards the wall. He shoved his hand through his hair and puffed out his flushed cheeks. ‘I had to come down here last week, in the middle of the night, to get some Gelo for Eyre Ward. I was on my own, didn’t bother to turn any lights on, and went out of the wrong door, ended up in theatres.’

‘It wasn’t locked?’

‘No, I suppose someone forgot, keeps forgetting. Anyway, you can imagine my surprise when I heard a bang and a grunt from theatre three, went to investigate and saw old Hartley with his junk out and about to diddle his scrub nurse.’

‘Jesus.’ I let out a low whistle of disbelief. ‘You’d think they’d go somewhere private and play, wouldn’t you?’

He shrugged and ran his finger around the collar of his shirt. ‘I’m guessing it gives them a kick, doing it in there.’

‘You think so?’

‘Yes, absolutely, catching each other’s eye the next day over a patient. A theatre full of staff and only them knowing they were fucking like a couple of horny teenagers on that very table the night before.’

I shook my head. ‘Yeah, I guess you’re right. Must be quite a turn-on pretending there’s nothing between them and waiting for the place to clear out.’

Carl looked cute as a button. His slightly unkempt, unshaven style, with his tired, bespectacled eyes and his easy smile had definite appeal.

‘You’d think they’d worry, though,’ I said, stepping up close and touching the askew name badge on his white coat.

‘About what?’

‘That someone might see them at it.’

‘At it?’ There was a definite sparkle in his work-weary eyes.

‘Yeah, at it, screwing. They should have picked a nice, dark cupboard.’ I slipped my hands over his shoulders, drew my mouth close to his. ‘One with no windows, no prying eyes or nosy colleagues.’

‘Like this one?’

‘Yeah, just like this one,’ I whispered.

‘Mmm.’

I pressed my lips to his and was pleasantly surprised by the soft willingness of his mouth and his small intake of breath.

He held my face, his big hands gentle on my cheeks and his fingers just slotting into my hair, over my ears.

The kiss deepened, our tongues tangled and I leaned my chest to his. He slanted his head and explored my mouth with a sense of passion and reverence. He tasted fresh, of water and mint. That lovely lemony scent of his that made me think of Mediterranean holidays swirled around me. A whimper of approval rumbled up from my chest and I ached for some action. I reckoned Carl was the perfect man for the job. If just his kiss had me throbbing, imagine how I’d feel when I actually got him inside me, pumping and grinding.

I slid my hands down his chest, over his pale blue shirt to the buckle of his trousers.

‘Sharon,’ he murmured through our kiss.

‘Carl?’ I whispered, exploring lower, over his groin. I found what I was hunting for — a lovely, long hardness straining against his zipper.

‘Please,’ he said, releasing my cheeks.

‘Please what?’ I squeezed him again then gave a firm stroke, base to tip. Wonderful, he was swollen and full and I could even make out the flare of his glans through the material. How fast could we get naked?

He groaned and reached for my wrists, held them tight as I worked his erection through the material.

‘Bloody hell,’ he gasped, his hips rocking towards me and then away.

‘You want me to suck you?’ I asked, speaking against his lips.

‘Fuck. No.’

I hesitated. It wasn’t often a guy refused a blowjob. ‘You just want to shag then?’

‘No, yes, I mean…’

‘What do you mean?’ I kissed over his cheek, found his ear and touched my tongue to the fleshy lobe. Cupped his balls with one hand and at the same time hunted for the zipper of his trousers and began to pull it down.

‘I mean I don’t, I don’t want to…’ He yanked my hands upwards, so they were captured between our faces. ‘I don’t want to do anything.’ His voice was harsh, firm.

I jolted, surprised by his sudden movement and shocked by his statement.

He was staring at me intently, his eyes wild and his lips wet from our kiss.

‘Oh,’ I said, shock and confusion muddling in my mind. Didn’t he fancy me? Was he gay? No, I didn’t think either was the case. The hardness in his pants told an entirely different story. ‘But I thought…you’ve got a…’

He swallowed, the sound noisy in the small room, and then blinked, long and slow, and sucked in a deep breath.

‘But you’ve got a—’ I said.

‘Tell me about it.’ His mouth twisted, as though he was in pain, and he gazed intently at me.

‘And you don’t want to do something about it?’ I licked my lips and smiled my sweetest smile. ‘I’m happy to oblige. We’ve been putting this off for months now. You and me, naked, it’s inevitable.’

‘I know.’

‘And?’

‘And yes, I would like to do something about it, with you. Soon.’

That was more like it. I tried to step in close again but he kept me at a distance with outstretched hands. Like I was some kind of sex monster about to rape him.

‘Carl?’ Now he was hurting my feelings.

‘I’m sorry, it’s just…’

I tugged at my wrists and he released them. My body was humming. I was hot for it but it seemed I wasn’t going to be getting any. ‘What. It’s just what?’ I snapped.

‘I like you,’ he said, reaching out and touching my cheek. ‘I mean I really like you.’

‘So what’s the problem?’ I couldn’t help my pout.

He shook his head and looked down at his feet.

‘Tell me, damn it. You drag me here to watch a damn sex show that gets me all horny for it, and then bring me in a dark cupboard, kiss me —’


CONFESSIONS OF A NAUGHTY NIGHT NURSE, Coming January 24th 2013


Ahem. Excuse me doctor but I'm definietly feeling some shortness of breath! Well I don't know about you but I'm officially primed and ready for this book release. If you want to learn more about Lily and Confessions of a Naughty Night Nurse head on over to her website and check out some more excerpts from her other books and chort stories. They should help tide you over until January 24th.




1 comment:

  1. Laurel, Thanks so much for inviting me to Foreplay Monday it's lovely to be here. Confessions of a Naughty Night Nurse was great fun to write and I drew on my many years nursing in London, UK when it came to finding inspiration. There's nothing like having worked in a hospital to know where all the dark, secret corners are!

    Lily x

    ReplyDelete