Friday, June 29, 2012

New Erotic Romance

     I've been working on my first erotic romance titled Negotiating Skills for a while now. The idea came to me during a conversation I had with a friend a few months ago that led to my  "What is Sexy" post. As I stated in the post, I love the idea of sex in forbidden places. I think that sometimes the knowledge that characters may be found in compromising positions can add a delicious type of tension to a scene. 
     Negotiating Skills is a short novel set for release on August 1st through Amazon. A short except can be found here on my blog in the "Book Excerpts" section soon. Negotiating Skills tells the story of Veronica James, a software programmer who catches her biggest client, Victor Rossi,  in a very compromising position after hours. In an effort to regain the upper hand, Rossi insists on some interesting concessions from Veronica before continuing with their contract.
     I had a lot of fun writing this story. This was my first swim in the erotic romance genre and I have to admit I spent many a night typing furiously and blushing outrageously. The moment I committed myself to this story I informed my mother that this is one book of mine that she is ABSOLUTELY NOT ALLOWED to read. Awkward mother-daughter conversations aside, I am very excited about this book.  
     I struggled with the "heat" factor and spent a lot of time working on the love scenes. Even now I worry that the heat factor isn't high enough to be labeled erotic romance. I'll let you all be the judge of that. Either way I had a ridiculous amount of fun getting Veronica and Rossi together and I hope you all enjoy the story.


Talk To You Soon,
Laurel   

No comments:

Post a Comment