Friday, September 7, 2012

Negotiating Skills - The Soundtrack!

Good (Early) Morning Lovelies, 

Music plays a huge part of my daily life. It calms me, soothes me and revves me up when necessary. It helps set the mood for my days or cheers me up on bad days. When it comes to my writing I tend to create playlists that put me in the right frame of mind and that remind me of my characters. Music helps set the mood for the overall mood of a scene or complete book. I thought you all might enjoy the playlist I had on loop while writing Negotiating Skills

Each song listed was chosen to help capture a feeling or mood of the characters and overall feel for the book. The most of the songs listed are definitely sexy, but Inertia Creeps is the song that actually helped me get in the right state of mind for writing most of the scenes for Negotiating Skills. I love the pacing and yes tension in the song.  

  • Feelin Love, Paula Cole
  • Glory Box, Portshead
  • When Doves Cry, Prince
  • Slow Wind, R Kelly ft. Sean Paul and Akon
  • Ooops Oh My, Tweet
  • You're Makin' Me High, Toni Braxton
  • Holler, Spice Girls
  • It's All About Me, Mya ft. Sisqo
  • My Love is Like Whoa, Mya ft. Missy Elliot
  • Juicy Fruit, Mtume
  • Close To You, Maxi Priest
  • That Girl, Shaggy & Maxi Priest
  • Touch My Body, Mariah Carey
  • Inertia Creeps, Massive Attack
  • Ooh La La, Goldfrapp
  • Say Yes, Floetry
  • Sexy Daddy, Destiny's Child
  • Promise, Ciara
  • Dip It Low, Christina Milian ft. Fabulous
  • Get Mine Get Yours, Christina Aguilera,
  • At Last, Christina Aguilera
  • What's It Gonna Be, Busta Rhymes ft. Janet Jackson
  • Speechless, Beyonce
  • Breathe On Me, Britney Spears  


Well Enjoy!
Laurel

No comments:

Post a Comment