Thursday, September 13, 2012

Arghh! Smashwords!

Hi All, 

I've been waiting for several weeks for "Negotiating Skills" to post to the Kobo ebookstore via Smashwords. I was accepted into their premium listing catalogue and made sure to Opt IN to the Kobo channel. According to Smashwords, Kobo books are "shipped" daily. Unfortunately, it's been several weeks and my book still isn't listed so today I finally just took matters into my own hands.

I ran a quick Google search and found that authors can self-publish their books through Kobo directly using Kobo's  kobo writing life portal. Can you say hallelujah? I quickly opted OUT of the Kobo market on Smashwords. In a matter of only 10 minutes I was enrolled into the Kobo writing life market, had my book uploaded, pressed the publish button and Voila! I am now 24 hours away from having my book in the Koko market. 

This whole situation is making me wonder whether publishing through Smashwords is worth it. I don't want to make a rash decision and pull my book from Smashwords but seriously, I'm more than a little miffed. To make matters worse I also opted into the Sony ebookstore, and you guessed it, my book still hasn't been loaded into that market either. ***SIGH***. I've sent an email to Smashwords hoping to get some clarification on this matter and have yet to receive a response. 

So really the whole point of this post is to say ARGHHH SMASHWORDS!!! Hopefully there is some light at the end of this tunnel. 

Talk to you soon, 
Laurel

No comments:

Post a Comment