Saturday, February 19, 2011

Banes & Noble PubIt!

     So by now everyone knows or has heard of the Barnes&Noble Nook. The Nook is an e-reader device that is actually quite nice. I currently own a Sony E-Reader, but am tempted by the Nook for a lot of reasons that I won't cover in this post. What's really important about the Nook is that it has finally proven to a big chain book seller that e-books are here to stay. Before any of you e-book readers gets offended, I completely agree with you in your belief that e-books have been here to stay for quite some time. However, in the past few years the amount of mobile devices that have been available for eBook lovers have been seriously lacking in the variety category. Now readers have the option of using their e-readers, laptops, and smartphones as mobile readers. This has totally opened up the market in ways that were closed just a few years ago. Case in point the launch of Barnes&Noble's PubIt! service.

     PubIt! is a free service offered by Barnes and Noble that gives writers the opportunity to upload their finished manuscripts, publish it and sell them online as e-books. I know there are a lot of writers out there who pooh pooh self publishing, but I think this is a great way for new and established writers a like to either write that first novel or break into a new genre. I've decided to open an account and will give you guys a full review of the process once I'm done. I may even use it as a way to write "installments" of my book. We'll see...


Write to you soon,
Laurel 

No comments:

Post a Comment