Thursday, February 24, 2011

Real Life Villains

     Have you ever met someone that for whatever reason makes you want to kick them in the shins every time they even dare inhale? Like how dare they think their stinky attitude gives them a right to breathe your air? Or better yet have you ever imagined them getting hit by a bus every time they say yet another stupid, annoying or underhanded comment? I know this sounds a little dramatic or psychotic really, but I have these thoughts and I know I'm not the only one. 
     
     I used to feel somewhat ashamed that I wanted to physically punch some people in the face (girls aren't supposed to hit, that's so low class). I didn't want to cause them pain actually--just a quick punch in the nose to just shut them up, the pain would have been a bonus. However, ever since I've decided to take my writing seriously, I think I've found a better way to handle my feelings towards these people--I'm going to immortalize them in print. 

     I'm going to use each and every one of these people as inspiration for all of the villains I create in my books for the rest of my natural life. I'm going to start keeping a list of their character traits (flaws really) and whenever I decide to put a villain in my books I'm going to review my "dictionary" and have some fun making the world want to punch them in the face as badly as I do. Is this a healthy habit? Probably not, but it's going to get me through the work day and family reunions. I'm curious as to whether other writers do the same thing...

Write to you soon,
Laurel

1 comment:

  1. wow thats........ boring
    need more info laurel

    ReplyDelete